- This event has passed.
Trinitario Cocoa & Chocolate Fair
7 October @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
Come and celebrate this year’s Cocoa and Chocolate Day with us at the Trinitario Cocoa and Chocolate Fair, ‘A Story of Trinitario’ Exhibition on Saturday 7th October from 11 AM to 4 PM at Medulla Art Gallery.
Indulge in the documentation of the Original Trinitario Cocoa Education Foundation (OTC) by Denise Speck, who came as a storytelling consultant from Germany to Trinidad and Tobago. You will travel with her through pristine estates, meet the producers, and learn about the processes of chocolate making. Experience Trinitario Cocoa with all your senses – sample and purchase Original fine-flavor Trinitario cocoa and chocolates! No entrance fee, but the team appreciates donations for samples and the organisation of the event.
What will be offered:
– Experience Original Trinitario Cocoa with all your senses
– Connect with the farmers and chocolate makers behind this artisanal craft
– Gain awareness of the present challenges and opportunities for its revival
– Indulge in a sensual flavour explosion of Trinitario Cocoa and Chocolate products from OTC members
– Support a local Not-For-Profit Organisation and the revival of Original Trinitario Cocoa
The art exhibition ‘A Story of Trinitario’ is open to the public from October 2nd – 7th from 10 AM to 5 PM and showcases the narratives of the Original Trinitario Cocoa Education Foundation (OTC). The OTC is a Not-for-Profit organization that acts as a catalyst for sustainable growth of the cocoa industry in the Caribbean, generating foreign exchange and offering diversified employment throughout the value chain including women who already dominate artisan production locally. The unique value of this initiative is the production of organic, low-cadmium fine-flavour cocoa with the pedigree of being the home and cradle of Original Trinitario cocoa.
See you at Medulla Art Gallery, 37 Fitt Street, Woodbrook, Port-of-Spain!