- This event has passed.
Misty Blue Mountain – The Paramin Experience
12 November @ 7:30 am - 1:00 pm$350
Experience Paramin with Palance868! Come join us as we discover Paramin in a whole new way! This very unique sightseeing and cultural tour through the hills & valleys of the Paramin Village nestled in the western end of the Northern Range, Trinidad. Our certified tour operator, born and bred in the village of Paramin, will take you to various scenic viewing points. At these points you can capture the length & breadth of the North Coast, the Caribbean Sea, the Maraval and Diego Martin Valleys, the city of Port of Spain, the Caroni Plains and on a clear day the Central Range and San Fernando Hill. Learn about the history of this French community which is rich in culture and history. You will visit herb and spice gardens as Paramin is known as the spice basket of T&T. Learn some patois from the locals. We also visit the La Vigie Lookout & the secret Paramin cave with it’s breathtaking views of the rolling hills of chive and produce. We then have a specially prepared lunch in a gorgeous setting that overlooks Saut D’eau Island and the North Coast.
Cost: TT $350 per person
Pickup & Drop-off: Hyatt Port of Spain
Transportation Provided (Y/N): Yes.
There is no option to drive your personal vehicle. Safe parking is available at the Udecott carpark opposite the Hyatt or along Dock Road before the Port.
Duration: 8:30 am to 2 pm
Tour Description:Complete Tour of Paramin with a personalized sneak peek into village life with our Paramin born and grown, patois-speaking native guide. Carlos has a deep connection with and knowledge of the village of his birth, its people and their language. His light-hearted humour and storytelling makes every moment of the tour engaging and fun. Tour includes:
• Scenic views of Port of Spain, the North Coast, Santa Cruz & Diego Martin Valleys in the air-conditioned comfort of our shuttles
• A Visit to the La Vigie Lookout to enjoy the spectacular views
• Exploration of the Paramin Colosseum Cave and a walk through the chive fields stretching as far as the eye can see
• Visit to the Toolum & Seasoning Factories (opportunity to purchase or add on as part of your package available)
• Visit to “Our Lady of Guadeloupe” RC Church with its amphitheatrical aesthetic that evenly distributes sound so well that mics are generally not needed for mass. It is also the only church in Trinidad and Tobago where some masses are held in patois.
• Sampling of local Paramin homemade wines at the home of Flo’s homemade wine, a female wine maker specializing in exotic wines of local flavours like sugarcane, sorrel, pineapple, coconut and jamun (opportunity to purchase or add on as part of your package available)
• Sampling of locally made desserts at M&M’s preservatives (opportunity to purchase their famous corn soup, seasonings & local goodies here)
• An authentic taste of Paramin at Aunt Julia’s in a rustic yet modern, tastefully decorated setting comprising of:o A slice of freshly made traditional Paramin Pot Bake or Dirt oven Roasted Coconut Bake
o A choice of fillings (tomato choka, saltfish & tomatoes or smoked herring & tomatoes)o Your meal is served in handmade calabash bowls
o A hot cup of homemade cocoa tea and black coffee served in enamel cups in a cocoa house with detachable roof on wheels adapted with modern day conveniences. Guests can experience uncovering the cocoa house by pushing the sliding roof off to the side.
o Local snacks and fresh fruit
o Cold non-alcoholic beverages & samples of toolum from Paramin’s toolum factory and local homemade wines served throughout the tour
We do have a few Add-Ons that patrons purchase individually on the day of the tour (by order).
Optional Add-On 1: Takeaway bundles of Paramin seasonings ($30 per bundle)
Each attendee gets to take home a large, freshly picked bundle of Paramin seasonings, all of which are grown in the gardens of farmers from the village.
Fun fact: Royal Castle’s famous pepper sauce and seasonings for their “special flavour” are made from ingredients grown in Paramin!
Optional Add-On 2: Takeaway bottles of Paramin local homemade wine ($35 per bottle)
Each attendee chooses their favourite flavour of homemade wine to take back with them.
“Misty Blue Mountain – The Paramin Experience!” is not a hike but more of an re-discovery tour to experience a bit everything the village of Paramin has to offer so dress comfortably (light clothing with a jacket in the event it gets cold) with proper footwear- sneakers or sandals. A hat, shades and sunblock are recommended for earlier in the afternoon.
If you take any medication, please walk with it and keep it on your person at all times.
You are to arrive at 30 mins early to facilitate our registration process.
Limited spaces available which will be booked on a first come, first served basis. Your space will be confirmed upon receipt of payment.
HOW TO BOOK:
A booking is required for all Palance868 events for safety and group size control.
To book Whatsapp us at (868) 7479655
Please provide the following for EACH attendee:
1. Full name (age if under 18 yrs) & cell contact
2. Emergency name and contact info
3. List of any major medical issues, these include allergies, asthma, heart issues, bone, joint or muscle injuries
4. Any medication taken on the day, name and dosage
Palance868 Adventures reserves the right to cancel or postpone any event due to adverse weather or any other conditions we deem to be unsafe for our patrons. In the event of an adverse weather alert issued by the TT Met office or ODPM affecting the day of the tour or flooding along major access routes into Paramin, the tour will be postponed and rescheduled to a later date. While we take every reasonable precaution to ensure your safety, each person who participates in any Palance868 Adventures Club event accepts full responsibility for making their own decisions and determinations for their personal safety, within the safety guidelines outlined by the Club. Each person who participates in any Palance868 Adventures Club event recognizes that possible health and safety hazards exist when attending any outdoor and/or indoor activities and agrees to participate at their own risk. All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. We reserve the right to refuse admittance to any person on the grounds of safety.
➖Cancellations made more than 5 days before the event are entitled to a full refund
➖Cancellations made 5-3 days before are entitled to a 50% refund
➖There is a no refund policy for cancellations made less than 3 days before the event
All refunds will be processed within 5 business days from cancellation and provision of banking info.