- This event has passed.
Meyah Waterfall, River & Gorge Exploration, Paramin
31 August @ 7:00 am - 2:00 pm$200
Some may think Paramin is just mountains and views but hidden in this village are wonderful treasures awaiting your discovery! Join us as we explore the Meyah River down to the top of Tsou Falls.
Rating: 3 – 3.5 (easy to fair, dependent on one’s fitness)
This adventure is not suitable for kids under the age of 7 or persons who are generally unfit or have existing joint/muscle/back injuries.
The entire exploration is approximately 4-5 hours long as there are many things to see, opportunities to relax, bathe, eat and take photographs. Some level of fitness is required as there is some climbing over rocks and wading through gorges.
These costs include jeep transportation from Maraval
A booking is required for all Palance868 events. When booking please provide the following for each attendee:
1) Name & cell contact
2) Age (if under the age of 18)
3) Any major medical issues. This includes allergies to insect bites, asthma, heart issues, bone or muscle injuries.
4) Any medication you take for any condition stated above.
5) Swimmer or non swimmer?
WhatsApp us at 747-9655 to book.
The Palance868 Adventures Hiking Checklist:
⬜First Aid Kit✔
⬜First Aid Trained Hike Leaders✔
How to prepare?
List of recommended hiking essentials:
1) At least 2L of water
2) juice/energy drink, snacks, sandwiches, garbage bag for your trash
4) Short or Long pants/tights and loose tops recommended, bathing suits can be worn underneath
5) Comfortable footwear, sneakers with good grips or hiking boots are a MUST! (check for any signs of it unsticking or dry rotting)and gym gloves are recommended
6) insect repellant
7) any medication you must take
8.) A comfortable backpack leaving your hands free to help yourself or a friend
9) cell phone/camera in waterproof/ziplock bags
10) towel, change of clothing AND footwear (eg slippers) to be left in vehicle
11) Plastic bag for your wet clothes
We recommend waterproofing of important electronics like phones and keys. Passing through the gorges can find us in as much as 3 feet of water.
Plastic containers with screw top lids and food bowls with rubber seals make excellent waterproofing containers. You may want to add an extra layer of protection by using ziploc bags before placing your stuff into the containers.
Gym gloves or any gloves with rubber tips are great for those wishing to explore the pools higher up from the gorges where there are roped sections.
➖Cancellations made more than 5 days before the event are entitled to a full refund.
➖Cancellations made 5-3 days before will have 50% fee attached
➖There is a no refund policy for cancellations made less than 3 days before the event.
Palance868 Adventures reserves to right to cancel or postpone any event due to adverse weather or any other conditions we deem to be unsafe for our hikers.